Friday, March 23, 2007

Stupid emauil makes me stop ASPing for days, and also angry, at my mentor who was suposed to help me, and i dont know why he didnt but now i am mAD

as u porbably know my mentor is a director and produrcer named anon shorr. we have been friends for many years now after i found his website and sent him and emnail; and we started talking aboiut how to make movies like we both do. so all the time i have ideas and questions about movies and if arnorn will make my movies and he has given me great answers and advise and even the interview u can see on my AsP, but now something very bad and sad has happened and for awhile it made me want to do a suicide and i had to leave my work until i got better which could still be a few weeks or even some more then thAt. i searched on craiglist about movies and writers and i wanted to tell a jobpost i found that they should hire me to write there tv show and i asked arnon shorr to read my response to the craigslister and what he wrote back made me cry. here is an example from his email:
"I think it's awful. James, it makes you seem totally unprofessional and disorganized.You are not a "MASTER" screenwriter. You've never had any of your work produced by any major company. You write your emails like a fourth-grader, not like a "master screenwriter". You are also not "Critically Acclaimed". James, please study writing extensively. When you've graduated from at least a two-year college, contact me again. Any time you try to sell your ideas before you actually learn how to write will be wasted time."
I thought first that maybe he was being sarcastic or something bc he is usually veryu nice like a friend but i showed matt and he said he thought it was serious. WHY ARMRON????????????? this is very bad. i dont know if i should be doing film or writing and i dont know about anything. if i am so stupid why am i getting emails for two years from a MASTER DIRECTOR? am i a waste of time lik mny movies which my family say are good ideas and very creative. sometimes people can be very mean in life and try to hurt you and i think arnoon wanted to make me so sad that i would stop making films, but i dont know why bc i thought he was on my side to help me get to the top like him. either he is jealous or this is some egyptian trick like making a statue with a man's head and a lions body even though no one looks like that. the email really made me very upset and now maybe my whole life is wasted and pointless if arnon is right. the last week which i have been mostly in my room and all this made me think of a new idea which ARNOM may hate but it's called "the bad mentor" where a guy has a mentor to get help and advise from but the mentor is jealous and scared of the guy so he tried to make him fail and do a suicide, but the guy realizes whats going on so he doesnt do a suicide and instead he goes to find the mentor and get revenge.
but i dont think i will ever write this movie unless i have more ideas bc maybe it is a piece of "trite" which is what aron said about my ronald mcreagan idea which means very bad like a gimmick. also i didnt ever know befor e that u cant make movies unless u have gone to a two year college but why didnt arnor tell me this when we first started talking i could have done it by now and now it is too late. so have i WASTED MY LIFE?????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro, don't be so down. Mom said you've been in your room all week. I've sent you some emails but you haven't responded. So, if you see this, shoot me a call, ok bro?

Anonymous said...

Hi James, Matt told me to look at this post. I think maybe you should talk to Bruno. i'm sorry you had to get involved with that type of monster... you know there ar really good people around here who want to see you succeed for real. And you WILL!! :-)

Stacey

Anonymous said...

or, also, just think that maybe this guy IS trying to help you. Someetimes advice can be rough. Just something to think about.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Hey bro, see how fast Stace responded to you? People here really care about you. And we're going to se you go far, bro! Just keep the head up high. We don't need these West Coast types sniffing there noses here around Wisco!

James "Iago" Sullivan said...

Thx guys, im really sad :(